Mistake #1: Choosing a cleaning service that is not a member of the Association of Residential Cleaning Services International. ARCSI is the only National Professional Association of Owners of Residential Cleaning Services. Membership in this organization demonstrates a commitment to the ethical standards of ARCSI and the most professional services possible.
Mistake #2: Choosing a cleaning service based on the lowest price. Low price can present you with two problems:
1) Low price can be the bait that attracts your phone call, but once the cleaner gets into your home, she pressures you into added services and thus a higher price.
2) Extremely low prices tend to be offered by individual cleaners who may have no insurance, are not bonded, have not been screened for background checks and typically do not have funds to replace an item they damage in your home. If you want to know a great and reliable cleaning service that offers good price, click here.
Mistake #3: Choosing a service that is not owner operated. Having the owner of the company involved increases accountability and ownership on the part of all employees.
Mistake #4: Choosing a cleaning service without asking if the company does personality testing or criminal background checks. The costly investment of personality testing and criminal background checks is only made by cleaning services that are serious about protecting their customers. Cleaning services that perform these forms of screening have a higher caliber of employees working in your home.
Mistake #5: Choosing a cleaning service that pays their cleaning technicians by commission. Ask whether the service pays its employees by the hour. It has been determined that you receive consistent, thorough cleanings when the cleaning technicians are paid an hourly wage.
Mistake #6: Choosing a cleaning service without being crystal clear about your expectations and determining that the service is comprehensive enough to meet all your needs. For example, ask these questions:
- After the first cleaning, how often do you want to be cleaned on an ongoing basis?
- Does the company offer the frequency or flexibility you desire? Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or the option to just call in for an appointment?
- What equipment, supplies and cleaning solutions does the company provide?
- If you are allergic to certain chemicals or if you have medical/health issues, does the company offer green cleaning chemicals?
- Does the company offer guaranteed satisfaction?
- Does the company offer other services, such as organizing, power washing, dry cleaning, etc.?